|This is the version that is included with VRS 4.2
|Kofax stopped selling this product March 31, 2009. It may be possible to purchase an Adrenaline 650i board from a reseller who still has inventory.
The Adrenaline 650i SCSI Scanner Controller is the recommended solution when applications require Kofax Image Processing capabilities. It is a full height PCI board (3.25 in. [8.2 cm] High x 4.75 in. [12.2 cm] Long) with a wide-SCSI connector and is used to control mid-volume to high-speed production document scanners. It provides Black & White image processing capabilities.
Only full height PCI slot brackets are available. The board will not fit in slim computers that require less than full height brackets.
|New features in VRS 4.2 (refer to the Release Notes here)
- Desktop Productivity features that give you the ability to scan directly from an email application, your Windows Desktop, or Windows Explorer
- Expanded support for blank page detection and deletion
- Improvements to the Advanced Clarity and Auto Orientation features
- Improved support for Windows Vista
- Support for bar code recognition, endorsing, and compression formats with TWAIN-based scanning applications.. The VRS TWAIN driver in VRS 4.2 is now TWAIN 1.9 Compliant.
- Expanded support for image storage and compression formats with ImageControls-based scanning applications
Ascent Capture 7.0 and 7.5 Users: A licensed copy of VRS 4.20 must be installed in order for this scanner to work properly.
|SCSI cable used to connect a SCSI III device/host to a SCSI II host/device. The SCSI II connector is an HD 50 style connector while the SCSI III connector is an HD 68 style connector.
|This is the Configuration Notes
|Kofax discontinued sales of this product effective December 31, 2008. However, it may still be available for purchase from a distributor or reseller.
As an alternative, purchase VP-W004-00U1. This provides the same software as was found in VP-W004-00S1, but does not include an Adrenaline SCSI card. You will need to purchase a SCSI card separately if you plan to utilize your scanner's SCSI interface.
Licensed version of VRS Professional for Workgroup type scanners. An Adrenaline 650i SCSI board is included. AIPE license is also included.